Thursday, December 29, 2005

Anxiousness in a Long Wait……..

Last week, was one of important and crucial week in my career. A lot of time had been spent for that crucial assignment and it had to be implemented in the Live scenario, so that the customer would have a first hand impact of our team’s handwork.

I was anxiously waiting at my desk for the phone call. It has been a long wait for almost four hours, but there were no signs of any information. Thoughts were flowing about every possibility. I felt ghosts from the past re-appearing….the long wait for my 10th results, the wait for my girl friend, wait for the tickets for our favorite hero’s films….a never ending list

After sometime, my PM came said in a grim voice that there’s a video conference with the customer (it seems the CTO of the customer is participating)…Myself and my PM were waiting near the Video conference hall, which was attended by all the big heads of my department…..

We were so anxious, b’cos the success of this module would spurn more business to our company…we were made to wait for almost an hour and finally we were invited into hall…the only thing which I heard was from the mouth of the CTO of the company…”So, you were the PM and tech lead for this project….”. We replied positively. And he said...”You have snatched the new bugs into your kitty………” that’s it the call ended and we were unable to believe that we were awarded a project that generates 10 times revenue as the present one….

The next sight was our whole teams of 6 people were dancing in the golf ground we have in our company fully drenched in rain….the last time I felt such a excitement was during my final year in college where we didn’t not only ourselves but also got a job for another 40 people……

1 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Anurama said...

oh..cool....now bakra..when is the treat ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home