Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Bakra

The normal practice in almost all the team will be a treat for a successful completion of a task in a project. As far as our project is concerned, each task will be evaluated by the customer. Couple of months ago, few new people joined our project. After initial phase, they started to work on task independently. Myself, along with my PL, thought of a plan and were getting treats from the new guys. I used to convince people, to give treats even for the simplest stuffs, like getting assigned the first independent task…I used to make others “Bakra”, and somehow convince them for a treat….so naturally, others were eyeing me and even tried for couple of times, but you know, it’s not that much easy to make me Bakra, until one fine….

There was a girl, in our floor, possibly the most beautiful in our while building (out of around 150 girls). Everyone (including me…) were longing for a chance to chat with her…but, she happens to be pretty orthodox type, reserve in nature….There was a guy, who used to sit, close the cabin of that girls…My crooked brain cooked up a plan for a treat…It was Friday, and it was ethnic day celebrations and I proposed a plan, the guy should give a treat to the whole team, with whom the girl speaks first on the day…..

And, I was pretty confident of a guy, who used to chat with her frequently…but, what happened was a total shock to me…It was appraisal time, and I was preparing for the appraisal, so had given print-outs…to my shock, she too had given the print-outs and had taken print-out’s of mine, by mistake.

My enemies (the whole team), had planned for a treat from mine, that girl came to me to hand-over the sheets…On that day, I was made the bakra and had to give a big treat to these Guys, including that girl….

But, you know, luck favors the brave, and what happened in the next few months, really made our team to envy me. After couple of months, I thanked my team, for getting a wonderful friend in HER………………….

1 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Anurama said...

ha ha.. cool experience :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home