Friday, January 06, 2006

Friady Blues...

Usually, I don’t like to work on Fridays…! Friday being the last working day of the week, its meant for enjoying the climate and plan for the party for that night-out. But, I always have been on the other side, getting crucial work to be completed on that same day…

This what happened on one such Friday…Once of my friend, had invited me for a party after a long fight we had last week. I know, we both knew who the culprit is, but still hesitant to reconcile. She finally gave up, and spoke to me and decided that we would have our dinner together. She was a very good friend of mine (like the same 4:00 AM friend as per Sayesha). We have good memories of our friendship…..I was planning all the evening, how to surprise her…! Suddenly, the Devil (Sorry, not my Manager) entered the scene and I was handed over a urgent work to be completed before the end of that Day…(ha ha… it was 4:45 PM, and work ends by 5:00PM, then what is meant by End Of Day).

That day, I had to miss that dinner and again a long fight for almost a month….with her..

This was supposed to happen on another Friday….this time, I don’t want to be hit by the Devil,,,,so decided that I would keep my Jacket of my chair and would leave office by 4:00 PM, so that my manager would think that I’m still around. For this I spent money in buying another jacket also…first time I escaped and had a big party…but, the next time, my manager became very smart and handed over the task by 3:00 PM itself….need to find another way to escape……..

This continued for a while, until I found a perfect way of avoiding this…I started to work on late Fridays to escape from this FRIDAY BLUES…………..?!?!?!

2 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, January 06, 2006, Blogger Anurama said...

The best way to escape friday blues??? Join ur office sports' club. They usually have some practice sessions on Fridays. That is how I escape from my friday blue syndrome ;)

 
At 4:38 PM, January 06, 2006, Blogger Surreal Kid said...

Thanks for the idea Anurama. I've tried that, but in vain. It seems that I'm destined to be a victim of Friday blue syndrome...But, will keep trying..n if i succeed, it could be another BLOG.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home